They say that numbers speak louder than words, so here are a few numbers we think shout volumes. We think it’s pretty clear that the need for managed IT services isn’t going anywhere. Check out these stats and let us know what your predictions are for the MSP industry.
Stats on Cloud-Based Managed IT Services
5. 60% of businesses say that the biggest benefit of participating in a cloud-based business network is the enhanced performance they see in specific areas, such as streamlined payroll operations, more accurate supply chain data, etc. Tweet This Stat! - [source]
Stats on IT Careers
17. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics lists the unemployment rate for tech professionals at just 3.5% by the last quarter of 2013. That’s half the current national average unemployment rate. Tweet This Stat! - [source]
18. The greatest number of employment opportunities lie in tech consulting, which added 14,000 new positions in the last quarter of 2013 alone, and over 54,000 jobs total in 2013 for a total of 1.7 million technical consultant positions in the United States currently. Tweet This Stat! - [source]
24. More than 1 in 3 CIOs say they plan to hire new IT grads in 2014. Tweet This Stat!
Stats on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
25. 59% of businesses say they store backups in only one location. Tweet This Stat!
26. 75% of businesses reported that their backup data volume increased from the previous year. Tweet This Stat!
27. 52% of businesses experience multiple backup failures every year. Tweet This Stat!
28. 63% of businesses measure their estimated recovery time in days rather than hours, with 29% reporting that a full return to operations would take 4 days or more. Tweet This Stat!
29. 20% of cloud storage users are able to recover from a site disaster in 4 hours or less. Only 9% of non-cloud storage users can say the same. Tweet This Stat!
By Dave LeClair
By Gretchen Hoffman
By Gretchen Hoffman