Marketing is essential to growing your business, yet it doesn’t come as naturally to most MSPs. But it’s OK, that’s exactly why we created the Grow Your Business Hub—an all-inclusive marketing support hub at Navigate where we work with hundreds of Continuum partners to identify and support their key marketing growth initiatives.
Last week at Navigate 2018, the Grow Your Business Hub team and I had some great conversations around MSP sales and marketing. If you recognize room for improvement in your marketing endeavors, the good news is that you're not alone. Here are some of the most frequently asked marketing questions we heard from MSPs at each station.
SEO and Google Ranking
- What is SEO, and how do I get started?
- What kinds of keywords should I be targeting and how do I use them?
- How does Google help me generate business locally?
- How do I improve my rankings in Google and other search engines?
- How can I see how I compare to competitors in terms of SEO and keywords?
- How much time and money should I be spending on SEO to help get my website up to speed?
Cyber Security Go-To-Market Strategy and Resources
- Should I hire a dedicated security sales or marketing professional?
- What components should be included in my security offering?
- How should I package and price my security offering?
- How can I get my SMB clients to change their mindset around cyber security?
To this last point, I’d recommend checking out our eBook, Explaining Cyber Security to Your Clients. It’s full of talking points and objection handling strategies that will be extremely helpful as you approach the security conversation with your clients.
Blog Management and Optimization
- I’m not currently blogging, but should I be?
- Which topics should I be blogging about, and what types of posts should I be creating?
- I’ve seen a lot of vlogging (video blogging), is that something I should consider?
- How can I get more readers onto my blog and turn it into a lead generation engine?
Customer Marketing and Engagement
- What are other MSPs doing in terms of marketing activities, and where do I fall?
- Should I be doing more to engage my client base, or should I look to outsource or hire someone?
- During my quarterly business reviews (QBRs), how can I politely ask for testimonials and feedback from clients that I can leverage in my marketing efforts?
- Where can I look for white-label materials and other content to offer my clients?
Website Conversion and Lead Generation
- I’m having my website redesigned, what would you recommend changing or adding first?
- Why should I use forms on my website, and what contact information should I capture?
- How can I get more ROI from my website and the content that I offer?
- Every MSP seems to have the same tech or services on their website, so how do I stand out against my competitors?
Lead Nurture and the Modern Buyer’s Journey
- What kind of content should I be offering, and how do I know when to offer it to prospects?
- What content pieces should I start on first?
- What's the best way to get a content library built out for lead nurture capabilities?
- During sales calls, should I be discussing the content and email that they engage with?
- How do I track engagement on my email drips and content?
What great questions—these are just a few of the themes we noticed during this year's Navigate. If you weren’t able to attend the conference, you can check out these links to read the recap of day one, day two, and day three.
If you’d like to learn more about these topics and more, download our complete guide to MSP marketing: