One of the biggest challenges in selling managed IT services is that small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) may underestimate the need to invest in IT expertise. As a savvy MSP, you know that these businesses are continuing to grow more dependent on modern technologies and systems. So how can you convince them to protect their IT infrastructure with your managed services?
In modern business, there’s no denying the fact that technology plays a vital role in everyday operations. Unfortunately, another fact of modern business is that systems and networks can easily fail. When these IT failures occur, they can directly impact the SMB’s ability to do business – in some cases with catastrophic consequences.
While many SMBs may think of technology as being secondary to their core business, the reality is that without it many companies would find themselves at a complete standstill. What would happen if a server crashes at your client’s office, or their entire network goes down? Very few SMBs have the bandwidth, resources and expertise needed to support their IT demands. That’s where your managed services can help!
At its core, managed services is focused on providing proactive maintenance, enhanced security and greater levels of technical expertise to maximize client uptime. These objectives are directly in line with the core needs of many SMBs. In convincing clients and prospects of the benefits of your managed services, you need to show them how your services appeal specifically to their IT needs. Want help getting started? We’ve pulled data from CompTIA’s IT Opportunities in the Professional Services Vertical study that you can use in your next sales meeting with clients or prospects to help illustrate the value of your managed IT services.
See the chart below:
When presenting this chart in your next sales proposal, use these talking points to explain the reasoning behind each of these numbers:
- Not only will managed services provide you with business-grade technology for your IT infrastructure, but you’ll also be able to leverage the technical expertise of highly-trained technicians who are dedicated to making life easier for you. No more worrying about learning curves or about lacking the IT skills needed to remediate any issues that may arise. You’ll have access to 24x7x365 support from a talented team that acts as an extension of your own IT department, so that you stay ahead of the competition.
- Another reason for increased technical expertise is due to IT systems becoming too complex for SMBs to manage internally. Although increased mobility brought about by the Internet of Things (IoT) and bring your own device (BYOD) trends provides unique ways to connect, having these environments also means there are more endpoints that you have to manage! By leveraging the support of an MSP, you can ensure that all devices are regulated within a unified security framework.
- Partnering with a managed services provider will keep your systems running smoothly and efficiently, so you can focus on your core business operations. By outsourcing basic IT functions, you are also free to allocate your internal staff resources to focus on strategic projects and business activities that will help grow your business.
- Internal IT departments may not have the budget to upgrade, which is why partnering with an MSP can help cut costs. You won't have to deal with onboarding new employees, costly training processes or paying for their benefits because an MSP can provide you with scalable IT services that can be customized to your needs – all at a fixed cost.
- Your internal resources typically lack the strategic IT planning that is required for your business to grow. By working with an MSP, you’ll receive a virtual CIO (VCIO), someone who is able to understand and manage the evolving technology landscape – allowing you to better plan for the long term and scale your business. Additionally, in this VCIO role, an MSP can help you scale up/down your IT infrastructure as needed, so you never have to worry about playing catch-up and can focus on moving your business forward.
- If you’re in the healthcare or financial services vertical, you know maintaining compliance is vital to staying in operation. Working with a HIPAA compliant IT solutions provider who understands HIPAA regulations will free you from the stress of worrying about all the protocols, policies and procedures you need to follow. Similarly, if you’re offering e-commerce services on your website, you need an MSP who fully understands the PCI security standards and how to keep all of your business data protected.
By leveraging an MSP like you, your clients will enjoy a more efficient and proactive approach to IT that fulfills all their needs and allows them to focus on what matters most – growing their business. A chart like this makes for a convincing visual in any sales presentation, so use it in your next meeting to help convince decision makers to adopt your managed IT services!
Continuum Partners: In continuing our commitment to help you accelerate sales through ongoing marketing support, every week we will be uploading customizable Powerpoint templates with relevant charts and data that you can input into your own decks. And because it's white labeled, you'll be able to add your own logo and branding to stand out against the crowd! Just keep checking back on the Marketing tab of the Partner Support Portal for files to download!
Not a partner but want to use this chart in your next sales presentation? Download it here!
By Susan Perez
By Lily Teplow