It’s the perfect time of the year to reflect on everything you’ve accomplished across your organization and be thankful for all the clients you’ve helped to serve. This is also an important time for MSPs to prepare for the coming year and think about their game plan for solving client’s business problems and ultimately stay ahead of the issues that will impact the managed IT services market in 2020.
Let’s take a look at what to watch for and react to in 2020.
Increased Focus on Automation
To prepare for our upcoming interactive hangout “Top 5 Predictions for MSPs in 2020”, we surveyed MSPs to find out what they believe are the upcoming trends to watch for. MSPs “Top 2” from the survey primarily focused on cybersecurity:
1. 54% of MSP business leaders will increase their focus on automation across cybersecurity and RMM—they feel cybercrime, particularly targeted at MSPs themselves, will continue to increase exponentially in 2020.
Managed Detection and Response
2. 38% of MSPs responding to their “top 2” predictions involved the impact cybersecurity will have on 2020. Followed by impact from automation then AI. 57% plan to also add MDR (managed detection and response) as a service that is supported by a unified view of cybersecurity in order to protect their own businesses, as well as their clients, from the growing risk of cyber-attacks.
Want to Hangout?
Our MSP panelists on our hangout include WestTek, Focus Technology Solutions and Continuum’s Joy Beland who has owned her own MSP. Joy will discuss her own “Top 5” 2020 predictions in more depth on our hangout, which include:
1. MSPs that have adopted a strong cybersecurity culture and platform will win over the clients of the MSP’s who suffer immense financial and reputational damage from being hacked.
2. The focus on having a strong Salesperson for risk assessments and proposals will shift dramatically.
3. HR will take a more active role with InfoSec to ensure end user training on, and adoption of security policies.
4. Consultative services around DRP, IRP and SAT will explode.
5. Opportunities for cybersecurity services will increase dramatically within the mid-size business market.
If you would like to hear more about the MSP predictions and what to do about them for 2020, register for “Top 5 Predictions for MSPs in 2020.”
By Lily Teplow
By Scott Wittstock
By Gretchen Hoffman