The Top 5 MSP Blog Posts of November

Another month of managed IT services blog posts on the books! Now that we've all woken up from our turkey comas and scored incredible deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday goods, it's time to get back to business. Are you aware of the recently discovered CryptoWall 4.0 cyber threat? If you're not yet offering backup and disaster recovery (BDR) services, now's the perfect time. But do you know what it actually takes to support a BDR solution? And what about the HIPAA opportunity heading into the new year?

Here's November's top five managed IT services blog posts to keep you warm as the temperature drops!

CryptoWall 4.0 - What We Know & Why Your Clients Need BDR


Posted by: Mary McCoy Nov 6, 2015 at 10:30am ET

"CryptoWall 4.0 is the latest encrypting ransomware out right now and we've already observed it spreading. With the huge 'success' of CryptoWall 3.0, I anticipate this variant to be the number one threat to watch out for going into 2016.” – Tyler Moffitt - Sr. Threat Research Analyst, Webroot

Yep, it's back. According to researchers at Heimdal Security and Bitdefender, CryptoWall has returned, and version 4.0 - the latest release - is more aggravating than ever. Here's what business owners need to know to educate their clients and technicians.

Yesterday, I stumbled across the announcement in this article written by Bleeping Computer's editor, Lawrence Abrams. In his post, Abrams describes the features that make CryptoWall 4.0 your newest IT headache. So what sets this new version of ransomware apart?

Read More »


Step-by-Step Guide to Targeting Your Verticals on Social Media


Posted by: Ben Barker Nov 24, 2015 at 6:00am ET

Marketing is tough. It's tough to get your content, products and services in front of people and even tougher to get them to bite. But when you're not even targeting the right people, marketing can be near impossible. Whether you are sending out direct mail or promoting a blog post, you want your content to get in front of the people that are most likely to become your clients and brand champions. One way that you can do this is through social media platforms. Still, how are you supposed to know who the right people are? Well, that depends on your business. To determine who you should be targeting your marketing efforts at, you first need to evaluate your business. Once you have done that, you can kick your social media marketing strategy into high gear.

Read More »


What Does it Take to Actually Manage a Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) Solution? [INFOGRAPHIC]


Posted by: Brandon GarcinNov 5, 2015 at 6:00am ET

Backup and Disaster Recovery is a critical offering in any MSP portfolio today. Data is playing an increasingly-important role in decision making processes, and compliance, retention and regulatory requirements are becoming more restrictive across a number of key verticals and industries. 

As an MSP, your clients depend on you to ensure their data is secure, backed up, and accessible when needed – and today’s evolving threat landscape is only further complicating things. The days of leveraging BDR solely as a preventative measure against natural disasters are long gone, and today new threats and security risks including malware attacks, hardware failures, user error and more are making BDR even more difficult to manage.

Read More »


Healthcare is in Dire Need of HIPAA Compliant MSPs


Posted by: J. David SimsNov 23, 2015 at 6:00am ET

In a recent KPMG survey of 223 healthcare executives, a full 80 percent stated that their information technology had been compromised by cyber attacks.

Let’s think about this for two seconds… 80 percent!!! Possibly, a portion of the remaining 20 percent had not yet known that they were a part of the 80 percent. After all, how many clients have you taken on only to find that their network was being compromised or had been compromised?

Read More »


How to Draft Your Cybersecurity Battle Plan: The Best Defense is a Good Offense!


Posted by: Jaq BaldwinNov 9, 2015 at 6:00am ET

Reactively fending off attacks is only part of the fight. Detection and prevention of attacks before they become a problem is just as (if not more so) important and vitally critical to protecting your clients’ workstations, servers and networks. 

Here are some ideas to help you establish a proactive and aggressive battle plan that you can implement to better protect client security.  

Read More »


I hope you've enjoyed these hit posts from November. Have you subscribed to our MSPblog? Get instant updates as we bring you more great posts throughout the rest of the year into next!

Are you looking to grow AND scale your business?

The Definitive Guide to Managed IT Services [eBook]